Friday, July 31, 2009

Plum Metallic Plaster in Powder Bath



Funny thing about powder bathes, they look so small but take as long as a standard room. I just finished an elegant powder bathroom for a wonderful client in Dallas. She wanted purple in this room, which isn't a typical color choice so I had to really work at getting the right colors by tinting and using various products to get the results we were looking for. First plaster I chose had a silver undertone, second a gold, third did not have the right consistency, fourth was just too blah, finally ended up using a product called Shimmer Suade. I chose the base color and hand tinted the rest to get the right hue. My client chose a gold and plum sample. It took me six steps to complete- proper prep work, base coat, then 3 layers of plaster. It came out very elegant and best of all- tasteful.